Monday, March 3, 2008

Montreal to charge for driving on its crummy roads

I love any story that has something to do with Montreal concrete! They want to start congestion charges, and put the money into fixing the roads (ha, ha!). I think congestion charges are a great advance to greenery, even more than nasty windmills! This solves the big problem that if you improve or widen the roads, people just live farther out, and drive more.

Thus, commuting is only limited by congestion and how much people can stand, which is an awful lot!

Although I like the idea in principle, I am sure that Montreal will botch it up, and send all the money to black holes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Harold Asmis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Harold Asmis said...

On hostile comments.

Funny, if I mention the ridiculous layout of New Orleans, then it is perceived as an attack on the suffering souls of that city. If I comment that Montreal is the 'Earthquake Katrina of the North', then it perceived as a slur against its people.

I can see why those people who have to be politically correct, never actually say anything. Oh well, I shall continue, since somebody has to....