Sunday, September 7, 2008

Children disengage from science

One consequence of the politically expedient drive to daemonize Science will a general detachment of students. Thus, as the Cult of Sarah makes fun of scientists studying "The Sex Life of Cockroaches" (a famous attack!), we shove science out of the mainstream. Most science now depends on corporate money, which is notoriously short-term. Although this article applies to the UK, I'm sure that numbers are lower for the bible-belt states, and not so good for Canada either!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that wind turbines can explode bat lungs!

Harold Asmis said...

Blah! I already wrote about the bat beaters! You owe me one click.

Anonymous said...

I mean how many kids would download the 1500 pages of technical documents describing the LHC and experiments just for fun?

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that hedge fund managers make a lot more money than scientists for a fraction of the intellectual effort?

Anonymous said...

Also Ford add suks!!
The chick is Rude!
And you can't find their highest mileage vehicle from that site

Harold Asmis said...

Google has stuck me with Ford! I can't figure out how to shoot her! Bring back the scientooology ad!

Harold Asmis said...

Now I put in some utube ads!