Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wind Turbines to Decorate Scarborough Bluffs

Article

Yeah! More clothes hangers are to be installed off-shore of my favourite Scarborough Bluffs. I used to live there as a little kid, and we would constantly risk our lives scaling those things. I think they've flattened out a bit now, with all the jetties being installed.

Well, these things are sure to be net carbon wasters, since this is not a very windy place. As I've said before, the Pickering turbine never turned in the summer, and during very windy days, it was turned off.

Now, I remember having a Scout Jamboree on Prince Edward Island, right by the Atlantic. The constant heavy wind was a torture! That would be a nice place for a bird-killing wind turbine, except the potatoes don't need much power.

4 comments:

Silver Fox said...

Come down to Wyoming and see our wind turbines on I-80, which were put in a very windy place.

Harold Asmis said...

I hate windy places!

Ryan said...

The proposal is to build them 3-4 kilometres off shore - they'll work just great out there and will hardly be visible.

Also, it's been proven that power-generating wind turbines pose less of a threat to birds than high-rise buildings do and that the environmental gain does more for birds than the turbine harms them.

Harold Asmis said...

Wow, I didn't know they were going that far out.