Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nuke Company Goes After Blabber

Article

Wow, this is a fun, sordid, tale to read. I really hate the concept of those retention bonuses. If you are in one of these companies, and they offer it, you can't refuse. This will be your only raise, and they will milk it for all it's worth. I don't think it makes anybody happier, since they become more of a wage slave.

Somebody close to us had the company bought out by Americans, and then this 'retention' bonus flew in. There it was, like a big steaming turd. You are giving away your freedom, and you have to swallow this.

I, on the other hand, stuck to the old company because of the pension. At least it was transferable to other organizations, or you could cash out.

Anyway, back to the article. I suppose this guy felt like I felt many times, and jumped over the edge. He should have had a psychiatrist and lawyer, and immediately sued for wrongful dismissal. But instead, the company sued to shut him up. I also think it's a bit ironic that they couldn't start the reactor anyway in 12 hours, it took over a week! So the guy went nuts for nothing!

And it's not as though anybody is going to believe him! Our constant 'refrain' in the old company was that we could never go public, since nobody would ever believe us! That's why I stay silent, besides the fact it took me a year to get rid of the nightmares, and I don't want to go back there. :)

No comments: