Sunday, January 17, 2010

Faults in Ontario? Oh, my!

Article

We've gone to the next stage after a major earthquake -- "What about me?" Ten years ago we had lots of people here who would spin great stories, but they seem to have self-immolated. You will notice that nobody talks about earthquakes around here, except me!

Some of the stress from that travels through the North American Plate, causing so-called intra-plate earthquakes when that stress builds up around some smaller geological structures or weaker parts of the overall plate.

This is truly the first statement about Ontario earthquakes, from an institution, in a very long time! I am happy.

2 comments:

Harbles said...

News of an earthquake prediction. And the letter alas mostly behind the paywall.

Harold Asmis said...

Yes, one of the many cities on my list.