Monday, July 26, 2010

Original Teak Windsurfers












I'm cleaning out the cottage, and I came upon the 2 old windsurfers, and I had to think about whether I was going to dump them or not. I got these 20 years ago from a nice lady, who had lost her husband Vernon. I even sailed them! but I had to make my own skegs. These things are heavy and the teak booms are dangerous! My head was knocked a few times.

This is the most amazing 60's technology! You will never see that fine fiberglass work again, it's all carbon now. In fact the modern sailboards make us whimps when compared to sailing these boats!

Now, I'm kind of dreaming that Big Larry will fly in a seaplane to pick these up for a zillion bucks. Failing that, I would like some opinion of whether these are valuable, or junk. I really don't know how to dump these things anyway, probably just stash them in the cottage for another 20 years. :)

1 comment:

Harold Asmis said...

Did my own research. It's 1972 technology, and they are generally worthless. The teak booms are worth about $20, but they are unshippable. I'll chop up the boards, and throw them out.