Monday, May 2, 2011

Wolfe Island Wind Farm Infrasound


Wolfe Island, Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Just got a note from a lady living near there.  On certain days, it feels like living in a pump house.  The 2 Hz signal is universal with wind farms, and is caused by the fundamental frequency of the the tower support.  With the requirement to sync into the grid, these things can all sync up and start waving like dancing flowers.  The resulting infrasound can travel for long distances, but I'm sure it's worse over the water.

All I'm suggesting is that people keep detailed journals, and they get together.  I'd get involved, but I've got big jets flying overhead!  It's easy for seismometers and infrasound detectors to measure this phenomenon, but then what do you do?  Much like jet noise, the question is one of human tolerance, and effects on people.  This is one reason why I am against these things.  I am sure that one day it will be found that the effects are bad.

 Feb. 27, 2017 addition.  I have found that this picture is at the top of Google image search, attributed to me.  At the time I found it at the top of the search, and I have never bothered attributing top images.  This is so embarrassing!  not.  :)

No comments: