Saturday, October 22, 2011

Roger Dodger

Article


His Rogers Ultimate plan, which costs $100 a month, is supposed to deliver up to 50 megabits per second (Mbps) in download speed.
But since upgrading from his Express plan at $47 a month, he’s been getting download speeds of 2 Mbps or less, apart from a few fleeting interludes of less than half an hour from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.

This is just for the readers outside of Canada, to know the pain we suffer.  :)  I have Bell, and they drive me nuts, but I get a very consistent 25 mbs, which is what I pay for.  I don't even notice any throttling.  In our neighbourhood, we have the most unimproved cable lines ever, with rain shields that keep falling down.  Still, they keep trying to sell me this crap.  :)

But really, this is a criminal scandal, and only Rogers knows if they are cheating 90% of their customers.  Right now they can say this is only one in a million.  :)  The only recourse is our sluggy federal bureaucracy, and who wants them?  Class action lawsuits never work in Canada.

No comments: