Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sync no surf falls in the cracks

I have elevated Bell's 'Bug of Convenience' to 'Miracle Bug of the Greatest Fortune', for this bug maintains their monopoly, and furthermore, they are under no pressure to fix it.

I complained to the CRTC that was equivalent to throttling, and they said no.  They pushed me over to the telegraph people, knowing full well that it was something of this century, and thus not in their mandate.  Here is their response.

Dear Harold Asmis,

Thank you for contacting the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services (CCTS). The CCTS is an independent agency with a mandate to receive, facilitate the resolution of, and, if necessary, resolve eligible consumer and small business complaints relating to certain retail telecommunications services.

The scope of CCTS’ mandate is set out on our website: http://www.ccts-cprst.ca

Unfortunately, this matter is not an eligible complaint within the meaning of our Procedural Code and is therefore not within the scope or mandate of the CCTS.

We have reviewed your complaint about getting no support when using a modem not provided by the company. It is our assessment that the subject-matter of your complaint relates to general operating practice(s)/policy matters. Further to Section 4.3 of our Procedural Code, CCTS is not able to issue Recommendations and Decisions that directs or requires a service provider to change their operating practices and policies.

It is also our assessment that the subject-matter of your complaint relates to customer owned equipment. Further to the list of exclusions set out in Section  3.(e), we are unable to assist customers with complaints relating to customer owned equipment.

Therefore, the CCTS cannot process your complaint. The Procedural Code can be found at:

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/documents/procedural-code .

You may wish to contact your Telecommunications Service Provider (TSP) at 1-800-668-6878 as they may be able to assist you with this matter. We have forwarded your complaint to your TSP for their information.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your complaint, or anything contained in this correspondence, please do not hesitate to contact us.

************
Amazing that somebody taught them email, but that could be a summer student.  In the end, Bell makes it impossible for torrents and ip phones, and that suits them just fine.

Update:  OMG, I got this sultry voice that said she was from the 'Escalation Desk', and wanted to talk about my 'Internet problems'.  Didn't leave a number, or a company, but she was super high class.  Would nasty people actually read this?  Will my wife kill me?  Can I escalate, or do I need a pill?   :)

Update2:  O-OMG!  There are more ladies!  Must be an army of them!  Now it's the 'Internet Escalation Desk', and they're wondering how I'm enjoying my new Internet connection.  I don't have a new connection!  Who are these people?  So far they are just leaving messages, but I'm hiding from them and they'll never find me!

Final:  They finally got me after weeks.  I said it was all fixed and they can stop calling.  For now I'm on a clean channel, and they've been doing a lot of work around the neighbourhood.

No comments: