Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lowe's is the Target of Hardware Stores

I went into an empty Target store the other day, and they still have zombies and empty shelves.  Although I had just bought a lot of junk at Walmart, I felt an instant pressure not to buy anything.  If they had a Target Bar and Grill when Rob Ford was young, think how the world would be different today!  They couldn't sell sex at a Target brothel.

I always go to Home Depot, but the new Lowe's is closer.  Because of road construction I went into it today.  Instant Damper!  But I had to get something.  They are so hopelessly American that they don't have credit card chip readers as a matter of principle.  That tore it for me!  If my credit card gets bunged, I'm going to really say something.  :)

2 comments:

Gus83 said...

Couldn't agree with you more. My card was blocked, all they told me was it was a swipe payment. After, I told Lowe's that I feared buying things in their stores because they had no chip and pin. They immediately pointed out the home depot leak. They couldn't understand how a database leak was traceable to cards which were flagged and canceled while their system could be hacked with a paper thin skimmer and their customers would have no traceable link charges start popping up.

I guess being the most educated country in the world doesn't make us the smartest.

Harold Asmis said...

I read that there were two kinds of company - those who got hacked, and those who didn't know they were hacked. :)