Monday, February 23, 2015

Polar bears should be getting happier


Reference

I didn't think there was much here, but I decided to run this chart again, after my dog walk this morning, and the fact that the wolves are descending on Toronto.  At least they're happy.  They can take down a deer any old day in our deep snow.

The chart basically says that there's a lot more ice volume than last year, and that everything is climbing up rapidly.  That's the problem that the warmers have in extrapolation.  You only have a chance if you got solid physics, or fundamental forces.  No chance if you are like a momentum investor in the stock market.

So, the polar bear scare goes down the tubes for these guys.  Doesn't stop them for a second, and that's what I love about them.  Such tenacity in their convictions!  I just can't argue with them.  Don't want to either, and I run fast.  :)  Really, if Katharine Hayhoe started arguing with me, I'd just roll over and show my throat, so that's why I hide.

Last fall I got the all basement windows and back door, to be super-insulated.  I'll have to think of more stuff to do, since we'll have the cold, and a big earthquake might take care of cheap fracking natural gas.  Get a hot-tub with a car-port-type roof cover like I have.  It's like going to a Caribbean beach every night!  Don't bother with Florida any more in the Winter, they are going to freeze!

One more thing:  Any chart of past interglacials shows the temperature going up and down like a toilet seat.  We are oscillating in the efficiency of our oceanic heat pumps.  If those heat pumps go warp speed, then the Arctic becomes warmer, the tropics become cooler, and then they shut off again.  Love the physics!

No comments: