Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Face Cream Scam

**no real names are used here, since I am terrified of these people

Certain others in the house love that social cesspit FB.  On this, a letter was forwarded, dripping with sincerity, about how a teacher wanted to demonstrate social media to her students.  In it was another heart-felt endorsement from the famous singer Selene about a face cream she wanted all her friends to have for free.

This miracle cream, true belly, could be had for free if you gave your email and credit card number.  I was asked about it and I immediately googled 'true belly scam'.  The whole page was filled with scam titles, yet inside there were more wonderful endorsements.  That dang company had saturated googs with phoney shell companies.  You had to go to the second page for reality.

So they send you a little jar of sour cream, and then whack your credit card for hundreds of bucks.  They use tear-off shell companies to fool the credit card companies.  You probably have to cancel your card.

I am amazed at the scale of this, and the power of their social engineering.  Even after I explained all this, I got 'But can you get it?'.  That is why I am so afraid of them, and FB.  :)

No comments: