Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Lucky Geotech 13



Now, I'm only doing these for my retired colleagues, so they can have a laugh.  I was the last paid geotech engineer in Ontario, and I had to quickly go to earthquakes when all infrastructure builds ended.  As well, with cloth and tensar it became child's play to put up a retaining wall, which was the hard-core geotech's bread and butter.  There are no tricky foundations in Ontario, and very few new bridges.  As we know, from the Tunnel to Nowhere, they had to get a mining engineer for the paperwork, and paid no attention to him (at least it appeared that way).

These people are putting cloth against shale, and are probably going to stack the armourstone against it, in a near-vertical wall.  This is the ultimate 'handyman special' and it is wonderful.  I don't have a single thing to say about it, but the 'club' knows.  Can't wait for tomorrow!


No comments: