Saturday, December 9, 2017

Linux - Video stabilization

I used to put the dance recital videos up on utube and then use their stabilization.  You always have some shakes when you record.  I never really worried about it because the post-processing is so good.  No real need for a tripod.

However, the aggressive hollywood weinsteins have banned all background music on the tube.  You can't show any dance any more, even when there are performance licenses.  And you can't really challenge them and live.

The instructions are here.  However, I found that you have to get rid of your Debian ffmpeg in order to use the deb.multmedia version.  This screwed up my Zoneminder.  Also, Debian makes it very difficult to put on deb.multmedia. org.  I used to do it all the time, but now I went through the long procedure.

And Google Photos takes hours to process a video.  Yuck, but the results are the same or better than utubby.



No comments: