Thursday, December 28, 2017

Toronto, get that contamination out of your recycling

If I have to go out in this freezing weather to reorganize my Christmas recycling, you do too.  Tomorrow is recycling, and I have a zillion boxes to break down and tape up with clear hockey tape.  All my wrapping bags have the ribbons in them.  That's a no-no.  As well, all the black plastic has to go out.  Will I get frostbite?

Food containers have to be clean, but I know that already.  Dirty food wrapping paper goes in the compost bin.  I do my own composting for easy items like banana peels and coffee grounds with the filter.  Those k-cups are horrible and I never use them.  The Christmas Goose bones go into the city compost bin.

We all know that plastic-lined horton coffee cups aren't recyclable.  And I never take back the booze bottles, they all go in.

Fixing all this stuff is an easy way to reduce your impact on the world.  Now that we know the whole carbon thing is garbage, you can breathe easy.  :)

ps. they are starting a major 're-education' program.  Yesterday, I saw the ladies parked in front and going over their long lists.  'Better watch out, recycling ladies are coming to town'

OMG!  No normal human being would be able to go through what I did to 'legalize' all our recycle.  So, if the recycle police lecture you, just nod politely, and say it will never happen again.  And do it again, and again, and again.  :)

No comments: